Translate

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Insanity

DAY 1
Michael purchased Insanity, an intense 60-Day workout program that comes on DVDs.

Today, September 16 was our first day. Michael, Matt, Sav, and I took "before" pictures and then cleaned out the living room in our house to make space for the four of us to do Day 1 - Fit Test.

Back in America, I was not as active as I would have liked to be, or even half as active as I would have liked to be for that matter. Coming to the Netherlands has already done a number on getting me into better shape because I don't have my car to take me places or a TV to watch (not that I did much of that anyway). All the biking around Arnhem and Velp and going up the stairs-of-death to our top floor rooms has done a number on me. That and taking into account I'm eating Dutch-sized portions compared to our super-sized American meal portions so I was already on my way to a healthier me before even starting Insanity.

Besides getting in all-around better shape, what's really going to keep me motivated to continue Insantiy is the free t-shirt if you send in your "before" and "after" pics! Woo! Just kidding. (But seriously, no I am not..)

Anyway, today Shaun T., our Insanity trainer (the man on the DVD), "put our bodies to the test to see what we're made of." It was a 30 minute Fit Test where you would do different exercises for a minute and keep track of how many you did. The purpose of the Fit Test is so that you can see your progress along the program as you do it five times throughout the course of Insanity workout. It was really pretty exhausting. I am already predicting I am going to get the award for The Most Improved by the end of this.

Below are my numbers for the first Fit Test. I'm a little embarrassed, but in my defense, the floor was really dusty so I spent a lot of time wiping my shoes during the exercises ;).....or I'm just in bad shape.

Move#
Switch Kicks57
Power Jacks36
Power Knees75
Power Jumps30
Globe Jumps6.5
Suicide Jumps10
Push-Up Jacks15
Low Plank Obliques32


No comments:

Post a Comment